Saturday, November 8, 2008

Coin Flip and Dice Roll generators


Last week for my Crafting with Data class, I had to flip a coin one hundred times and record the results. My teacher told half the class to carry out the experiment and the other half to make up the results.

As I recorded my results I began to get excited about the outcome and cheered for tails(which ended up winning!). I recorded my results on graph paper in a 10x10 grid because I only had small sheets of graph paper. As the results came in, I wondered how the data would look if rendered in black and white squares. I redrew the data on graph paper and I figured it would only take a few moments to recreate the visualization in processing. So I did. I showed it to my Dad and he started talking about dice, so I made one for a six-sided die.

Here are the generators:
Coin Flip
Dice Roll

2 comments:

  1. Very cool, Matt. I have needed similar random bits of data to seed random numbers or passwords... it would be neat to generate a password based on colors rather than characters. I have also seen shape/pattern passwords which have nothing to do with your post, but I am mentioning it for some reason. :)

    Keep posting, I love reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been a herpes carrier for 2 years and I tried every possible means of curing but all of no useful until I saw a health promotion on a herbalist from West Africa who prepares herbal medicines to cure all sorts of diseases including #HSV and many others sickness but look at me today am very much happy and healthy, I'm telling you today don't lose hope keep trying God is with you, If you needs Dr.Chala help contact him on his email dr.chalaherbalhome@gmail.com or you can visit his website on http://drchalaherbalhome.godaddysites.com or https://mywa.link/dr.chalaherbalhome

    ReplyDelete