Thursday, February 19, 2009
Generative Disease: Cold Sores
*Test image in photoshop
For my midterm in Nature of Code I am going to attempt to simulate the look of cold sores on pictures of my friends. Here is a break down of the steps I think will be necessary to create a realistic effect:
1. Create a father point and assign an amount of energy. The amount of energy will determine how large it will be and how many children it can have.
2. Create children points that surround the father point. Children points energy levels should be smaller than the fathers energy level. Some children can have children of their own if they are large enough.
3. The energy level of each point will determine the size of a circle like shape that emanates from the point. The circles of all the points will be averaged together and a blob shape will be drawn.
4. Repeat step 3 but decrease the energy level each time. At the same time, change the color so that the resultant shape defines the form of a blister.
5. Determine the direction of the light source in the image and use that vector to add shadow and then highlights.
Posted by Matt Richard at 12:35 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, that is gross and cool at the same time :) I look forward to the end result.ReplyDelete